Become a Scholar
Young people selected as UWA Fogarty Scholars possess the qualities to lead our community into the future
Each year 10 new UWA Fogarty Scholarships are awarded to WA’s brightest and most engaged high school graduates. Scholarships are awarded on 3 criteria:
- Academic achievement to date
- Demonstrated excellence in at least three areas of arts, community service, leadership, sports and enterprise
- Demonstration of the competencies of a UWA Fogarty Scholar – Vision, Resilience, Integrity, Self-reflection and adaptability, Emotional intelligence, Breadth and depth of knowledge and initiative.
To be eligible to apply, students must reasonably expect to achieve an ATAR of 98 and students attending Tier A Broadway UWA identified schools must reasonably expect to achieve an ATAR of 95.
Being a Fogarty Scholar fundamentally changed my experience at uni and I have no doubt it has changed my whole life.
Applications will be assessed through an initial online application that includes:
- Evidence of Achievements and Activities: A demonstration of a students’ achievement and activities in Year 11 and Year 12 in relation to sports, arts, community involvement, leadership and academic achievements (in at least 3 out of the 5 categories , including documentary evidence)
- Enterprise: The option to include a short description of an activity, or initiative they have developed that demonstrates enterprising aptitude.
- Principal Endorsement: A signed School Principal Endorsement Form from the student’s school principal verifying the students predicted ATAR.
Students shortlisted from the online application assessment will be invited for an interview. All interviewees receive a UWA scholarship.