The Fogarty Foundation view leadership as integral in building strong communities. We believe through empowering good leaders, they will provide vision and direction, enabling positive change to benefit all people in society
UWA Fogarty Scholars participate in a tailored Leadership Program which provides the opportunity to network with today’s leaders through a range of events and seminars. This provides the Scholars with a broader insight into major challenges within the community and how they can contribute.
- Conversations with and opportunities to meet with business and community leaders
- The scholars hone their skills though skills workshops
- Academic mentoring
- Leadership opportunities for public speaking, mentoring and as university ambassadors
- Support for their initiatives
- Access to enterprise funding through the Scholars Enterprise Investment Program
The scholarship enabled me to pursue my interests in community service and leadership by providing both global and local mentors who inspired and guided me.