In 2019, the FSA will be working closely with the Fogarty Foundation to integrate their activities with the key objectives of scholarship program.
Fogarty Scholars’ Association
All UWA Fogarty Scholars and Alumni are members of the Fogarty Scholars Association, a student-run body which aims to strengthen the network of the group so that they can achieve greater impact.
In 2018, the FSA:
- ran a mentoring program for Scholars and Alumni;
- supported the Wellbeing Skills Workshop focusing on skills to manage mental wellbeing for high achieving and aspirational university students
- organised the largest Fogarty Futures Leadership Conference to date, for year 10 and 11 high school students
- hosted two for purpose events, with guest speakers and discussions about topical global issues including sustainability and diversity
- hosted social get-togethers, where Scholars got to strengthen their friendships, including their annual weekend welcome bonding trip