An environment for Scholars and Alumni to connect with like minded individuals who support, mentor and inspire each other
All UWA Fogarty Scholars and Alumni are members of the Fogarty Scholars Association, a student-run body which aims to strengthen the network of the group so that they can achieve greater impact.
The Fogarty Scholars Association work closely with the Fogarty Foundation to integrate their activities with the key objectives of the scholarship program. Each year they host a series of events and programs for the purpose of networking, up-skilling and fundraising for charities.
Recent Fogarty Scholars Association activities include:
- a mentoring program for Scholars and Alumni
- supporting the Wellbeing Skills Workshop focusing on skills to manage mental wellbeing for high achieving and aspirational university students
- organising the Fogarty Futures Leadership Conference, for year 10 and 11 hight school students
- hosting two for-purpose events with guest speakers and discussions about topical global issues including sustainability and diversity
- hosting social events and bonding sessions including the annual welcome weekend trip
By far the most valuable aspect of the scholarship program is being immersed in an environment of driven, passionate and engaged peers who are pursuing ambitious goals.